11 questions from Matt
1. What is you blog mostly about?
My short stories are inspired on things that I or people close to me
have lived, some of them might be modified to make them more entertaining to the reader, and I am trying to develop my description skills to deliver good picturing in the reader’s mind.
2. Why did you start your blog?
I wanted a commitment to use my English and improve it, I am looking forward to receive comment and build my own writing style, my personality in my second language.
3. How often do you post in your blog? Is there a regular day or days?
I am writing daily on a language exchange app, and I am planning to write in this blog on sundays longer versions of the stories more liked during the week on the app.
4.What is your favorite place you have traveled to?
I don’t have to much to choose from, but my biggest trip was to Saint Martin island. There were so much diversity, all the people I met spoke at least two languages well and know a bit of other. It was so unreal and magical for me. Loved it.
5. What languages do you speak?
Native speaker of Spanish, and intermediate level of English.
6. If you don’t mind sharing, what is your faith?
My mom is a Catholic Christian and my dad is Evangelical Christian. If I have to identify myself I would say Catholic Christian because my dad wasn’t much around when I was little, so grew up more Catholic, but the truth of the matter is I am not a so religious person, although, I do believe in God and Jesus.
7. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Let’s say I have seasons, currently I am a night owl.
8. When is the best time for you to write?
Midnight. Sometimes I say, today I’m going to sleep early but an idea comes I can’t help it.
9. What country or countries would you like to visit and why?
U.S.A. Especially, San Francisco. I could write a million reasons why, but basicly because I think the whole world should visit Los Estados Unidos at least once before die. Music, movies, innovation, resources, technology, discoveries… We owe to them so much, and at the end of the day, despite everything, Americans help humanity move forward.
10. What is your favorite song?
I am really bad at choosing favorite things, but one song from all times that (to my mind) doesn’t have a rival is More than words by Extreme.
11.What is your favorite season and why?
Funny question because my next post will be about this. In my country we only have 2 seasons and they are not so much different respect each other. I like template weather.
11 random thoughts about myself.
1. I am a civil engineer and I want to be a specialist on bridge engineering.
2. I took the TOEFL the last November and I got 71 but I need 90+, I am not giving up.
3. I am figuring out a random curiosity. How much can my hair grow before it gets to long for me to bear. So far I have 3 years without cutting it and it is passing my low back.
4. I like to knit crochet. My current project is a dress.
5. I like making bread. My specialty are cinnamon rolls.
6. I am decent singer for family reunions. Outside of that I am really shy.
7. When little I was the mom of my friends. Their parents let them go anywhere as long as I were in the group.
8. I am not so good with technology respect to an average millennials.
9. I like dacing but not partying.
10. I am not a good small-talk talker. I get super awkward, and start to answer or ask the most stupid things.
11. My dad is bilingual, he used to speak English for his work (tourist driver) but he only spoke Spanish to me. When I have my children I want to rise them with both languages. It just give you twice oppotunities in whatever you want to do.
My 11 nominees are:
1. English language teaching & testing guide. elttguide.com
2. TOEFL Exam Vouchers. toeflexamvouchers.com
3. Excel writing. excelwriting.com
4. From Short Stories to a Novel in 2019. paulareadman1.com
5. Bird Brains & Dog Tales. birdbrainsandogtales.worpress.com
6. Crochet a long with us! calcrochetalong.com
7. Spin a yarn crochet. spinayarncrochet.com
8. Forest Elf Crochet. forestelfcrochet.wordpress.com
9. Jim’s bakery. jimsbakery.wordpress.com
10. BEENA’S RECIPES. beenasrecipes.com
11. YummyHood. yummyhood.com
11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your advice for me about this blog?
2. What do you like to read for entertainment?
3. Which is the post that you are most proud of?
4. What activity you can do without feeling tired, hungry, thirsty… and do it for free?
5. What is the biggest lesson a younger person has taught you?
6. What or who has make you change your mind from “I don’t like…” to “Now, I like…” or vice versa? (Food, person, song, place…) and why?
7. Describe women and men to a kid. (Keep it short)
8. Order by importance to you:
9. Saving money or living the day?
10. If any question about your future can be answered right now, but only one, what would it be?
11. Who whould you say are your biggest influencers in life? (Teacher, parents, friends…)